Wednesday, February 27, 2008

More Tire Issues for Motorhomes

It nevers ceases to amaze me at times in how stupid the thinking is at the highest levels in the RV industry.

Tonight I spent a few hours going over what can be done to solve some of the problems that the RV industry itself cant or wont do.

You have to wonder at times how pathetic the industry is operating at when customers themselves have to look at what can be done because of the ignorance of the people that own the companies themselves.

Tonight we tried to solve the weight problems and what can be done about the lack of proper tires on my buds Holiday Rambler Navigator.

If you remember he had a catastrophic tire failure 2 weeks ago.

I have been thinking a lot about this lately, the solution is so bloody obvious, it makes you wonder how incompetent the powers to be are about their own products that they make.

Lets look at tires hall we?

Ask yourself this question.

When is the last time you or anyone you know had a castrophic tire failure in a car?

For myself in 28 years of driving cars and motorcycles, I have never had one, and I estimate between 12 motorcycles, and 20 cars, and what a million miles, I have NEVER had a tire failure.

A few flats yes, but never a tire failure.

But why then in the RV industry do I know so many people that have suffered tire failures?

Easy answer is oh your tires where underinflated, blah,blah blah....

But, the answer that I have to that would be, but so many cars have underinflated tires, why dont they have failures as well?

Well, the answer is simple, the motorhomes are grossly overweight for the tires that manufacturers put on them.

As I write this I just found out that that another friend had a tire blow out on his trailer heading home last week.

The story goes on and on, and the victims and death toll keeps climbing.

Tonight we seem to have come to a conclusion that we can fix what the manufacturers dont want to fix, or at least spend a few thousand dollars trying.

I have researched for a couple years now a new tire that has been made, its a 315 tire, and the long and short of it is that this tire should fit on my buds Navigator.

I will post more as this saga continues.....

http://www.nascarcamping.com

No comments: